Forbes.com compiled a list with about 10 things that sales people must do and 10 things that they shouldn’t do.
What you shouldn’t do:
- Never have poor telephone or in-person etiquette,
- Never jump to conclusions or mind read,
- Never be negative,
- Never discuss anything inappropriate,
- Never claim to know the answer to something when you don’t,
- Never rely on the phone as your sole source of prospecting,
- Never ask stupid questions,
- Never be defensive,
- Never get too comfortable,
- Never wing it.
What you should do:
- Always target your prospects,
- Always prepare,
- Always ask questions,
- Always listen,
- Always bring value,
- Always be focused on solutions,
- Always put yourself in your prospects shoes,
- Always be honest,
- Always ask for what you want,
- Always follow up.
Click here for the full article written by Jacquely Smith.